General Christian articles.
There are brands in the world today that has stood the test of time. And every day, they grow stronger. I have come to understand that what makes this brand stronger is not their container, it is the content; what they have to offer. No sane and intelligent person purchase an item based on the container look.
What makes Samson stronger is not the lock of his hairs but the anointing of God upon his destiny but when he strayed away from the safety of God’s guidance, he became an easy prey. I pray for you today, may the enemy never had the upper hand upon your destiny in Jesus name. But this prayer can only work for people who never engage in any act that offend God because that is the only way to guarantee our authority on the enemy!
Oyeniyi Peace Taiwo
Are you running to God, empty? Or is your tank full to capacity? Sometimes, many people come to God with their tank full and that is why they never get anything. Their tank is rather full of needless junks such as unforgiveness, anger, envy, jealousy and other ills. And life smells terrible wherever they turn, but they are the one who walk around with bad odour!
God is absolutely ready to supply us with overwhelming supplies to meet every of our needs and the game changer for anyone who want to receive is to come to God empty. Get rid of any ills that has filled your tank and denied you what heaven has in stock for you.
It’s time to take stock and reflect; is it really the devil or our attitude?
Oyeniyi Peace Taiwo
SLEEPING WITH THE DEVIL
You cannot go to bed with the devil and hope to find an angel by your side in the morning. You cannot marry the wrong person and hope to have a right marriage. Don’t allow pressure to push you to marry the wrong person. Marriage is not an accomplishment, it is an assignment. You know in your heart that this person is not right for you but you are going ahead nonetheless. Please don’t blame anyone when you face the consequence.
Godly marriage/relationship don’t jump down from heaven. It takes two serious-minded, committed and selfless people working together to make it work. How much have you read to enjoy marriage? How much have you prayed to enjoy marriage? Marriage don’t last because you fall in love but because you choose to love. Do you really know how to love? Are you even lovable? FALLING in love is the easiest part. STANDING to love is where the work is.
If a man does not like the presence of God, then you must not like his presence either! Why spend your life with a man who cannot spend his life for God? He has a Christian name but goes to Church seasonal. If you want to see him he would tell you to meet him at the club, yet you deceive yourself that you are marrying a born again Christian. But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart. (1 Samuel 16:7)
Date: December 16, 2017
Theme: Called, Justified, Glorified
Topic: Extradinary Men in Making
“1 Peter 5:10″ But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.”
God does not call any man to make them remain as they used to be, He makes out the best of such a man. When the power and grace of God comes upon someone, it stirs up a transformation from ordinary to extraordinary.
We need to understand fully well, that His calling is that of transformation, the only person who can stand in your way is you
Talk to God: Oh God, teach me never to stand in your way as you transform me in Jesus name, amen!
Hello! Welcome to today’s edition of Relationship Friday. Last edition was all about ACCOUNTABILITY. We are going to continue with that today but on Mentorship, getting to know who you and your relationship should be accountable to.
What is Mentorship?
Mentorship is simply a relationship where a less knowledgeable and experienced individual is being taught and guided by a more knowledgeable and experienced person.
Therefore, a Mentor is one who Motivates, Encourages, Guides, Corrects, Teaches and Challenges an individual (mentee) to becoming a better person and actualizing his/her purposes in life.
The two major qualities that makes one a mentor is more knowledge and more experience. That is, your mentor should be more knowledgeable and experienced than you in that subject matter you wish to be mentored, this is not necessarily a function of age.
The challenge I believe most young people have is how to identify and connect with a good mentor. I’m going to share some valid tips with you briefly.
How to identify and connect to a good mentor
As good as Mentorship is, it can also lead to disaster if the Mentorship is bad. Many Relationships have hit the rock because of poor and bad Mentorship. So don’t just go for a mentor, go for a good one.
1. Personality Check: This is the first step I believe you must take to find a good mentor. Mentorship is more Relational than Professional. You should check the personality of the person, know his/her character, lifestyle and qualities. You should not choose a mentor based on his Job or his achievements per se. Remember you want to emulate the person and not his Job, even if you covet his/her achievements, the personality is a key factor to getting that. For instance, you should not make a womanizer your mentor, though he might be wealthy and even be a celebrity but his personality is what will rob off on you and I’m sure you don’t want to be a womanizer. Many people have been taught to go for the achievements rather than personality. These people can’t make you their mentor except you are rich. No, it’s possible to be richer than your mentor but his personality is the key. I’ve seen many so called Godly people who makes ungodly people their Mentors, that’s wrong because very soon you will become ungodly.
2. Study the Person: You also need to study the person. Follow his/her likes and dislikes, study his/her routines, study him/her to know if he/she is truthful, a person of integrity. Study his/her relationship. Does the person easily give in to pressures? Study his level of wisdom and knowledge, study his strengths. Study his relationship with other people. Don’t be carried away by his/her fame or speech, check to see if he his true to his words. I’ve seen some young people after meeting a man for the first time told the man to be their mentor. No. Take time to also study him. He might talk well but that does not mean he does what he says.
3. Build a Relationship with the Person: After studying the person, you don’t just go and ask him/her to be your mentor, build a relationship with him. You can get his number and call him just to check on him, you can ask him/her for advise etc. This is to check if he/she will be interested in mentoring you.
4. Submit to the Person: Having being satisfied of the person’s code of conduct, you must submit to the person. You start by letting the person know that he/she is your mentor and then be ready to listen to the person. Submitting to the person simply means seeing the person as your guide and leader, then listening and obeying the person. Many young people have waited for a mentor to find them, No. You look for a mentor and let him/her know. Never enter into ASSUMED MENTORSHIP. Never assumes he/she knows that he is your mentor especially when you can access him/her, let them know. This will give him/her a sense of responsibility. Also, Never force anyone to be your mentor, don’t pressure him/her, if he wants to he will and if not, let him be.
Also, make sure you carry him/her along in the journey of your life, never assume your mentor to know what you’ve not discussed with him/her, don’t wait for him/her to initiate discussions, be the one to do that. Submitting to your mentor also involves honoring and respecting him/her.
5. God Factor: you can’t exclude this from your life. God’s help is the best form of help a man can receive. You must trust God to help you in finding a right mentor, pray and ask Him to lead you to one.
I believe those few tips will help you locate the right mentor. I’ve heard people categorized mentors, but what I will advise, if you must have a mentor begin by finding a Spiritual Mentor. It’s very important.
Remember, Mentorship is more Relational. Build your relationship with your mentor to a point where you can tell him/her things confidently.
To the success of your Relationship